Sunday, January 13, 2013

BUSY BUSY BUSY!!

I am so sorry everyone!! I have been busy as a bee lately and I had another bout of the common cold. Since I last posted, New Year's Eve and my 24th Birthday have passed. As I was sick and busy with work, I didn't get to tell my resolutions!!

1. Get back into reading: I love to read, but for the last year, I have been in the biggest funk when it comes to reading. I hate finishing books because I hate the feeling of abandoning the characters at the end of a novel or biography and starting on to a new book too soon.

2. Start exercising in new ways: I have been spinning for years...I mean YEARS. So I decided to join the Masters Swim team at my YMCA. I really want to get into swimming more because its such a great way to work out. Another goal is also try a vegan diet for a week.

3. Explore more: When. I was living at home in Louisville, I didn't explore my surroundings and enjoy the natural wonders of Kentucky as much as I wanted because I was too obsessed with working. (I used to be a pretty bad workaholic.) Now that I am in New England and everyone skis, hikes, and camps on the weekends, I want to take in as much of the area as I can.

Last Sunday, I had my 24th Birthday. The day before, my friend Bridget came up from Boston to visit me for my birthday!! We went to see Les Miserables, which I highly recommend. I started off my day with a pedicure and manicure. (I usually don't do those things as I am so crazy about nail salons being ridiculously clean, but the nail salon I go to has the highest standard of cleanliness that I have ever seen.) I got wear my favorite sandals that haven't worn since September to get my toe nails done in OPI's Lucky Lucky Lavender.


My husband surprised me with three dresses from the Lilly sale, a Patagonia Los Lobos vest, and another pair of L.L. Bean boots. I really needed the Patagonia vest. Massachusetts gets very cold along the coast due to the wind, but I am always usually burning up when I wear coats, so a vest is perfect.

Allura dress in Spring Fever Toile, Alicia dress in Passion Pink Petal Pusher Lace,  Alexi dress in Resort White Oh Buoy, and Patagonia Los Lobos vest in Nickel
We took the train into downtown Boston eat dinner at Anthony's Pier Four, which had the honor of serving their amazing Lobster bisque at three Presidential Inaugurations. I had the swordfish. We will probably go again, but to the restaurant in Swampscott, which is closer to where we live.


Other than NYE and my birthday, I have been busy as bee working, but in other exciting news, I have a new eye doctor who has forced me to buy a new pair of glasses. I choose the Ray-Ban New Wayfarers in Tortoise Shell. Finally, I have a pair of glasses that I won't be completely embarrassed to wear out on the town.

I would like to end this post with a huge CONGRATULATIONS to my Louisville Cardinals football team for defeating the University of Florida to win the Sugar Bowl.

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment