Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Eye Issues

Doesn't everyone love a new pair of glasses?? Whether it be regular prescription glasses or sunglasses, I love how glasses can play up a new outfit. As for prescription glasses, I have a pair of Ray-Ban New Wayferers in tortoise. I personally wanted the old school Wayferers because I like the structured look of them, but my husband said I looked like a huge dork in them. (Thank you, my lovely husband.) 

About two years, I had a serious eye injury where I had to purchase prescription sunglasses as I could not wear my contacts for two weeks. Unfortunately, my last optometrist did not correct my Rx sunglasses for my astigmatism and I got headaches while wearing them. I recently decided that I needed a new pair, but did not want to pay $250+ out of pocket. While reading other blogs, I discovered Warby Parker with their large selection of glasses and sunglasses that range from $100 to $250 including the prescription lenses. I hopped on a train immediately to head down to their Newbury Street store to try on and purchase a pair. I was shocked at how simple and easy the process to buy a new pair was.


The prescription sunglasses I chose are the Reilly in Marzipan Tortoise because I like that the glasses cover a significant portion of my face. I have a true affinity for large sunglasses. I think my next pair of regular Rx glasses will have to be the Marcel or Winston. If you do not live in a city with a Warby Parker store, then you have the option of getting five pairs of your choosing sent to you to try out for a week and the order a pair for yourself. You can't beat $100 for a pair of glasses. A few of my favorites that I have tried on:




No comments:

Post a Comment