Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Farm

During my visit to Kentucky, I got the chance to visit my family's historic farm near Lexington on Christmas Eve. I used to spend many weekends there growing up. It's where I learned to hunt and drive a truck. We started of our morning at a local Cynthiana favorite, Biancke's Restaurant, which has been opened since 1894.

My tassel necklace is from C.J. Laing on Nantucket.
We then went to visit my uncle and aunt back on then farm. We couldn't go back on the farm to visit the original cabin or family gravesite without tearing up the land due to the weather.

My sister is wearing an old J.Crew Excursion jacket and painter tee with brown Hunter boots.
"I take with me Kentucky embedded in my brain and heart, in my flesh and bone and blood since it am Kentucky and Kentucky is part of me." -Jesse Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment