Sunday, March 16, 2014

Little Luxuries: E. Porselli

I am going to admit something: I do not find high heels sexy. There is something about being completely, quietly comfortable that I find sexy and heels are not comfortable to me. Other than destroying the bones in my feet, walking in heels is a time I do not look forward to. When I finally find the time to flip through a few fashion magazines, I am always drawn to ballet flats due to the relaxed look on the models' faces.

Last night, I was on a long Pinterest binge after the UofL game when I came across two pictures of my favorite style icons: Audrey Hepburn and Brigette Bardot. Both of these women shown in the spotlight during a time when heels were low and men were won over with more personality, which I admire.

Brigette Bardot's famous love of Repetto lead to the creation of the Cendrillon ballet flat...must try one day.

Being 5'11", heels just do not do anything for me except make me the tallest women in most rooms. While I do possess a certain amount of "tall girl confidence", I just do not like how heels look on me. This winter, I purchased a pair of my first E. Porselli flats from J.Crew and cannot love them more than I already do. Out of all of the flats I have ever purchased, these are the most comfortable flats I have ever worn. The first feature I would like to point out in this luxurious flat is the all leather bottom that is nailed in. Second, the toe box is not completely round and longer. As I have long skinny feet, the oblong toe box makes these fit like socks. I hope to keep these flats for a long time and will have to find a trusted cobbler in Boston to maintain their condition.


Long blog post about a pair of ballet flats, but I cannot rave about these little luxuries enough. I am already scoping out my next pair...I'm thinking black suede.




2 comments:

  1. I love a good pair of ballet flats. I'm barely 5'1 so even in heels chances are I'm still the shortest one so I figure I might as well be comfortable

    From Mississippi With Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always on the look out for great comfy flats and low heels! I don't like the way high heels look on my feet. I'm also kind of clumsy so high heels aren't so safe. I have your heigh problem too. I'm tallish, 5'8", so when I put on heels I go from being kinda tall to towering over everyone in the room! I especially don't like towering over my husband who's only an inch taller than me.

    ReplyDelete