Saturday, July 13, 2013

Currently Reading

I'm one of those people who read for fun. Sure, when I was in college, I was assigned some very dull books...#historymajorproblems, but I devoured books about George Washington, American constitutionalism, or the Weimar Republic. Currently, I am reading Pour Your Heart Into It: How Starbucks Built a Company One Cup at a Time by Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz and Dori Jones Yang. Schultz recounts his background and Starbucks rise to popularity as he also explains Starbucks method of creating the coffee shop experience. It has been an interesting read so far as I did not know all the details Starbucks puts into the business to treat employees well and make a good cup of coffee.


My next read will be Colonial Marblehead: From Rogues to Revolutionaries. When I moved to Salem (I actually live closer to downtown Marblehead than downtown Salem), I did not realize that the American Navy was initially formed there during American Revolution. I love reading books at places other than my home. The outfit below is similar to something I would wear to find a cozy place to read.

A Summer at the Club


No comments:

Post a Comment