Wednesday, November 14, 2012

In Health and Secession...

I am sorry I haven't written a post in awhile. My husband and I have been down with a nasty head cold. It has been weird because I don't get sick very often other than the freak corneal ulcer I had two weeks after our wedding, but so it goes.

In the political world since the re-election of President Obama, the administration will have to face many issues, such as unemployment due to Obama-care (many companies are already threatening layoffs due the taxes imposed by Obama-care) and the fiscal cliff, but one issue that seems to me to be more of a trend than anything else is secession. Someone posted a Facebook status about states's petitioning to secede from the Union on President Obama's We the People website. I immediately started researching and found this article on Politico.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/11/secession-petitions-flood-white-house-website-149291.html

Wow...okay, Conservatives, we lost...That doesn't mean we pull an 1860 and secede from the Union. I am from the Commonwealth of Kentucky and our flag states our motto: "United We Stand, Divided We Fall", yet, some citizens of my home state has applied to secede from the Union. 


I think this secession trend will die down. In its state constitution, the state of Texas only hold itself accountable to the Constitution of the United States, but not the President and Congress. Governor Rick Perry does not even support the petition. President Obama's reaction to the petitions will be interesting to hear. Personally, I think secession is an immature reaction to losing and is proving that our Great Experiment in government is failing if we are going to go as far as breaking up the Union due to one loss in a presidential election.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83751.html?hp=r6

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment