Monday, November 26, 2012

Safe in the Sun for Coastal Living

Since I was in high school, I have always been ridiculous about slathering on the sunblock. My Mom is from sunny, humid Louisiana, but also suffers from vitiligo. Her condition causes a loss of pigmentation in certain areas of her body, which means she has to stay out of sun and wear sunblock religiously. While I will not say her age, my Mom's skin looks as youthful as a late 30-year-old's due to her diligence of wearing sunblock. I was a lifeguard when I lived in Louisville and wore sun hats, sun shirts, and religiously wore sunblock everyday during the summer. During the year, I typically wear sunblock on exposed areas of my body. 

     

I live near the coast of the North Shore in Massachusetts now and love coastal living, but living near water makes wearing sunblock even more important now...and I don't want premature wrinkles. (Sunblock should be worn everyday all year regardless of season.)

Here is the sunblock products I use:


Safe in the Sun

Safe in the Sun by theconservativeprep

1. bareMinerals SPF 15 Original Foundation: I looooooooove this foundation. The sunblock is natural and the powder does not cake up or make my face super greasy. I like light makeup because I do not like wearing it, but this foundation does the trick for me.

2. Baseball hats: I wear a baseball hat when I am dressed down to help cover my face for added protection. This one is by Southern Proper.

3. Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream SPF 32: I wear this eye cream under my eye makeup. I have read reviews of it saying that the eye cream is drying, but it isn't for me. I liked this eye cream because the sunblock ingredients are natural.

4. Shiseido Sun Protection Lip Treatment SPF 36: I am obsessed with this lip treatment. Most sunblock lip treatments turn lips white, but this one doesn't. I put lip gloss over it when I am out and about.

5. bareMinerals Correcting Concealer SPF 20: Okay, I admit it. I am not perfect and get the occasional blemish. When I do, I use this concealer because it contains sunblock, but also lemon peel extract to conceal dark spots over time after use.

5.  Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40: I use this moisturizer everyday because It serves two purposes as it moisturizes and protects. I have noticed that any fine lines that I am starting to get are going away since I began using this product.

Stay safe in the sun all year-round,



No comments:

Post a Comment